The Board of Education for School District No. 78 (Fraser-Cascade) believes that core values are useful in delineating the culture of an organization and serve to animate practice.
The Board believes that:
- All students can develop social, emotional, physical, and intellectual capacity when supported by caring, capable adults who work collaboratively to sustain student learning.
- Inclusive teaching that consistently provides engaging, relevant learning opportunities is an effective way to improve learning for all students.
- Age, race, culture, special needs, individual talents, and gender are positive assets that enrich the learning context in a diverse learning culture.
- A safe and caring learning environment treats all people respectfully as individuals with understood expectations, roles and responsibilities.
- The school district is a learning community that both shapes and remains responsive to changing student characteristics and learning needs.
- Community involvement in quality of education decisions and school governance supports student learning through the responsible analysis of data for the purposes off-setting goals for continuous improvement, and celebrating successes.
- Learning is a lifelong activity to be fostered at all levels of education from the classroom to the boardroom.