Adult Education

The Fraser Cascade Continuing Education (FCCE – packaged based program) and Fraser Cascade Open Learning (FCOL – on-line based program) are two schools that operate in the Fraser Cascade School District and offer adult programing.  Both schools are located at Two Rivers Education Centre.  Students who are 16 years of age or older are eligible to attend FCCE to complete the requirements for a secondary graduation diploma (2023 Graduation Program or the Adult Graduation Program).  Students of any age can register with FCOL.

Adult Graduation Program – Students who are 18 years of age or older can be placed on the Adult Graduation Program.  The Adult Graduation program consists of 5 (4 credit) courses.  The courses include English 12, Math 11 and 3 other grade 12 Ministry courses.  Students may start/complete 12 of the required courses before they turn 18 but must complete the last 3 courses after their 18th birthday.

School Aged Graduates – Students who have already graduated but are school aged (under 19 years of age before July 1 of the upcoming school year) are eligible to continue with their education.  School Aged Graduates can take any course offered at FCCE or FCOL free of charge.

Adult Non-Graduate – Students who are 19 years of age who have not graduated from high school are eligible to complete their Adult Graduation Program by registering at FCCE or FCOL.

Adult Graduate – Students who are 19 years of age and have graduated from high school (anywhere in the world) are eligible to upgrade certain courses that they may need for post-secondary or workplace requirements free of charge.  Please see the link below for eligible courses.

Students working on the BC Adult Graduation Diploma through the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) may take their required provincial level electives through FCCE/FCOL as the grade 12 Ministry-authorized courses offered through FCCE or FCOL are fully transferable to the University of the Fraser Valley.

Flexible scheduling can be accommodated to allow adults who are employed or who have personal situations that make full-time attendance unworkable.

Inquiries about adult education in School District 78 can be made by calling Two Rivers Education Centre at 604-869-9953

* Courses approved for graduated adults

Courses approved for non-graduated adults working towards an Adult Dogwood Diploma